I have now got a potential new sponsor in the pipe line so I better start reading a bit of the Big Book everyday again. It's been a while since I have read it. I remember I hated a guy at my home group who was only just under a year sober, who said 'I've read it all, so know it anyway' when I asked him if he read a couple of pages of the book everyday, as is suggested at the groups I go to.
Anyway, I am doing the same. I have learnt that recently. When I am judging another person for a perceived flaw, it is usually because I too possess that flaw and disapprove of it in myself.
I should read the book, as all the instructions are in there, the biggest mental health experiment of the twentieth century my previous sponsor called it.
I am too tired to read two pages. I have opened the book and it's Page 19 There is a Solution. The bit I have previously highlighted in pink (that means it is an instruction to me) is:
"Most of us sense that real tolerance of other people's shortcomings and viewpoints and a respect for their opinions are attitudes which make us more useful to others. Our very lives, as ex problem drinkers, depend upon our constant thought of others and how we may help meet their needs"
Appropriate.
Tuesday, 28 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment